10.15.2009

The long-cut to the mandir

One afternoon, we decided to take the back road up to Jakhu, where the private cars and government taxis go to take people who don’t want to make the chest-heaving trek up the hill. We ended up finding a foot path that wound through the grass at the top of the hill. It reminded me of hiking at home, although, embarrassingly, it was a difficult hike for me. I got out of breath easily and had to take numerous breaks – which I’m hoping was simply due to my chest cold and the altitude.



 
 

It was definitely a very pretty hike. The hill is covered in small purple flowers, which burst open recently after the rains were over. The air smelled fresh and green. And, occasionally, we spotted a dog, monkey, or bird from where we stood on the path.

*********

Happy belated birthday, Jake! Hope the next quarter century of life treats you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment